Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hey Sluggo, Don't Roscoe The Flim Flam

People seem to like twins. They're like hospital celebrities. When the nurses wheel them around, they arrive at their destination trailing stragglers. Yesterday the students who moved them from one room for another thanked us for the opportunity just to push them around. Babies in general tend to melt people's brains, but when you put two of them on a pillow together in matching outfits it's like mainlining rainbows. We should send them to negotiate for peace in the Middle East. Share Jerusalem? Well... there are two of you!

Amy is slightly disappointed at the residual bulge in her belly, which she's taken to calling 'the triplet'. She wants it delivered ASAP. I feel the triplet is the easiest to manage. Totally cooperative, quiet, limited need for college tuition. I hate to say I have a favorite, but the triplet and I are really bonding.

The whole dad job is embarrassingly easy in the first couple days. They sleep or they eat and they don't really want my help with either. I try to rearrange the furniture in the room every couple hours just to show that I can do stuff too. Would you like something lifted? I can lift things.

We told the grandparents they got to choose their own nicknames thinking that it's really a personal preference whether you want to be grandmother or grandma. They announced they've come to a decision. Neither. They want to be GiGi and Honey. Apparently they're going in a femme fatale direction. We expect the kids to come back from weekends with the grandmothers saying things like, "Scram you mud-pipes before I fill your mugs full of lead." Now we're just waiting for the grandfathers to choose. Kids, meet Maverick and Iceman.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? GiGi and Honey? I can't even figure out which is which...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear the twins arrived safely - now, if you can only prevent the grandmothers from going hatstand before the girls can pronounce the chosen monikers!

'The Triplet' - I love it. I was still wearing my last trimester maternity wear 6 months after the deal. I'm sure your team leader has more grit!

Anonymous said...

Please don't make me laugh - it really hurts the triplet!

Erin said...

The Triplet - that is great! Tell Amy it doesn't last long. I was pumped with IV fluids and was so upset when I got home and weighed the same. A week to two weeks later I already lost 35lbs. Plus Amy was ALL belly - she doesn't have to worry about the thigh, upper arm, finger & toe fat like some of us! LOL

Unknown said...

The thrill of my last week: looking at the twins at two in the morning in a Salt Lake ER with Lisa Doyle. Congrats to you both.

BTW, triplets are hot. Amy always was a little skinny for my tastes...

 
Real Time Web Analytics