Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Does This Include Football?

Amy (out of nowhere): I think the TV might be hurting the babies. I'm going to look it up on the internet when we get home.
Me: Well, I'm sure you won't find anything alarmist about it on the internet.

After five minutes on Google...

Amy: Oh my god, TV melts babies brains.
Me: Like, melts them in a good way, right?
Amy: Every hour watching TV increases their risk of getting ADHD by 10%.
Me: Doesn't that mean that watching ten hours of TV would give them a 100% chance? We probably gave them ADHD just yesterday.
Amy: No more TV for the babies.
Me: Until when?
Amy: I don't know. Seven.
Me: That's four hours from now!
Amy: No, until they're seven.
Long silence.
Me: So, where will they live?

2 comments:

jfa32 said...

Ouch! Sucks for you guys. Delphi will be enjoying her 30 minutes/day of Baby Einstein for the rest of her life. Sitting there, enjoying her tv.

Anonymous said...

Our baby enjoys watching her tv. I grew up on tv and had no ADHD so i figure the odds are in my favor.

 
Real Time Web Analytics